"FOREVER BLUE" mixed media flower blue hydrangea © Carol Nelson Fine Art

Forever Blue



I'm out of my comfort zone of earth tones with this one.  I had a terrible time trying to adjust the color.  My camera is not good at picking up mauve.  Some of the pinks are a little too vibrant, but you get the idea.

I hope you can see all the texture in the detail shot.  Once again, I used painted Viva paper towels for many of the petals.  I love how it looks like I cut up canvas and added it to the painting.

For more information, click here to go to my website.

3 comments:

Diana Marshall said...

Gorgeous painting love the 'new' colours ! The kitchen towel effect works wonderfully for the petals and I like the outline around the vase.

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Your work doesn't show you were out of your comfort zone. I love the harmony in this. You always have wonderful pieces.

Marian Fortunati said...

Different....
I like it!!
You have a great sense of design and color!