Turquoise Vein, 4x10 acrylic abstract painting


A lot of this painting is done in metallic acrylic paints and that reflective, luminescent quality is difficult to capture in a photo. I used both copper and bronze metallic paints on the majority of this painting.

The turquoise mineral used in jewelry occurs naturally with copper deposits. I doubt a miner would every come across a scene such as this, but artistic license is mine, so that's the way I painted it! Many of my abstract paintings end up resembling geologic formations for some reason. Maybe I was a geologist in a previous life...
This painting is on masonite board and will be mounted on MDF board painted black (very dramatic). For purchase information, please see www.carolnelsonfineart.com, click on works, then small paintings.

No comments: