Mixed Media Abstract Collage, "Desert Song" by Carol Nelson Fine Art

"Desert Song" 10x8, mixed media collage by Carol Nelson


This painting is a collage featuring a variety of colorful hand painted papers and combusted foil. The colors reminded me of the desert southwest.

I have a new technique for creating collage work called "leftover . sandwiches". It involves making "sandwiches" of leftover mono print papers, textured and patterned papers arranged in a random fashion and glued together using gel medium.


Selected portions of the sandwich are then applied to a painted surface for delightful random results. For more information about this painting, please click here to go to my website.

 10"x8"x1.0" Mixed Media on Panel/Available

 Click HERE for purchase info.

 View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

 Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

 View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

 View my available BOOKS Here

 ======================================

My new VIDEO is out…..

"New Approaches to Mixed Media Materials,"

If you want to see what all the hoopla is about, click this link:

www.craftsy.com/ext/CarolNelson_10658_D






<

No comments: