Mixed Media Abstract Botanical Collage, "Wooded Thicket" by Carol Nelson Fine Art

"Wooded Thicket" abstract botanical collage by Carol Nelson
detail
This painting illustrates several techniques and materials I teach in my mixed media workshops, such as rusted iron paint, air dry clay, torched origami foil, prepared tyvek, metallic pastes, and alcohol spritz.

The leaf forms are covered with metallic foil that does not show well in photography. I love creating these organic looking pieces that have an earthy palette.


 24"x6"x1.5" Mixed Media on Panel/SOLD

 Commissions Welcome.

 View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

 Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

 View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

 View my available BOOKS Here

======================================

My new VIDEO is out…..

"New Approaches to Mixed Media Materials,"

If you want to see what all the hoopla is about, click this link:

www.craftsy.com/ext/CarolNelson_10658_D






No comments: