Spring Retreat in Santa Fe, 4/27 - 5/1
Below is a photo of my workshop students and me last year in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Examples of their fantastic work surround the photo.
This year, I will again be teaching at the Santa Fe Hilton in the historic district. You can join me for this five day workshop, and immerse yourself in the art and cuisine of Santa Fe, the art mecca of the West.
The Hilton is 0.2 miles from the Plaza, the Georgia O'Keefe Museum, the New Mexico Museum of Art, and many fabulous restaurants with authentic Mexican themed food. A trip to explore the galleries on Canyon Road is a must for any visit to Santa Fe.
Also, click on the link http://bit.ly/30NKmv3 to the MISAWest website for more information and to register. This workshop is open to all experience levels.
IMG_1497
IMG_1497
Madeline Island Demo
Madeline Island Demo
Nature Gems
Nature Gems
Artifacts 2
Artifacts 2
Sonoran Sunset
Sonoran Sunset

Recent work - Below are recent examples of my Geologic Abstract series, my Abstract Tree Collage series, and my Faux Batik series.

Phantom Canyon, 20 x 60
Phantom Canyon, 20 x 60
Sunny Day 4
Sunny Day 4
Red Woods
Red Woods
Morning Glow
Morning Glow


Only a few spots remain in my Paper Landscape workshop in Portland in March. This class teaches you how to use collage to make amazing landscapes.
Once in a Blue Moon
Once in a Blue Moon

Mixed Media Tips and Tricks
MayArts ribbon
MayArts ribbon
I first found this ribbon at an art store in Dallas, and was happy to find the website: www.mayarts.com
This ribbon makes really cool "bushes" in my tree collage class.
Notice I buy white ribbon, then paint it the color I want. You cannot always be assured that died ribbon colors will be lightfast.
corrugated cardboard
corrugated cardboard
If you're a mixed media artist, you always are on the lookout for stuff you can use in a painting.
Recently, I remodeled my kitchen. I was thrilled to see the new cabinets come wrapped in this corrugated cardboard.
I love the color and texture of this cardboard. You will be seeing this in a future painting.



Winter has been hanging around my studio in Colorado, and I'm getting a little tired of firing up the snowblower.
snow and more snow
snow and more snow


Upcoming Workshops
Feb 22-23, 2020. Geologic Abstracts, Carol Nelson Studio
Mar 21-24, 2020, Art&Soul Retreat, Portland, OR
Apr 27-Jun 1, 2020, MisaWest workshop, Santa FE, NM
May 30 - 31, 2020, Art&Soul Retreat, Colorado Springs, CO
July 16 - 19. 2020, Summer Retreat, Carol Nelson Studio
Aug 15-16, 2020, Geologic Abstracts, Carol Nelson Studio
Nov 12 - 15, 2020, Art of the Carolinas, Raleigh, NC


Image 3113597

No comments: