Mixed Media Abstract Painting, "Sunken Treasure" © Carol Nelson Fine Art

"Sunken Treasure", 30x24 mixed media by Carol Nelson



 This painting has some interesting things added to it. The "treasure" is bits of gold colored metal from a necklace, and gold painted wood pieces. Considering the watery appearance of the rest of the painting, it wasn't hard to come up with a title.

 I tried something different for the finish on this painting. It has Golden's Self Leveling Clear Gel in a relatively thick layer. I poured it on and spread it around with a brush. The gel "produces a smooth, even, flexible, glossy film of excellent clarity with water and UV resistance." It is very shiny, and certainly easier to work with than smelly varnish.

  30"x24"x1.5" Mixed Media on Canvas/Available

 Click HERE for pricing.

  View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

  Learn about my special Canvas Minis HERE

  Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

  View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

  View my available BOOKS

======================================

 Check out my Available Video....

"New Approaches to Mixed Media Materials,"

If you want to see what all the hoopla is about, click this link:

www.craftsy.com/ext/CarolNelson_10658_D

1 comment:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

LOVE the colors, textures and the TITLE!