Colorful Mixed Media Abstract Art Painting "Gemstone 25" by Colorado Mixed Media Abstract Artist Carol Nelson

Mixed media abstract,  "Gemstone 25" by Carol Nelson

This is another in my Gemstone series. I did this one as a demo in my recent class at Art&Soul in Minneapolis.

What's unusual about this one is that I poured a layer of Golden's Self Leveling Clear Gel over it as a finishing coat. The Clear Gel dries crystal clear and really enhances the colors.

The finish is not as hard as a layer of resin would be, but it is a good substitute. I added a little water to the Clear Gel to thin it a little.


 6"x6"x1.5" Mixed Media on Panel/sold

 Commissions welcome.

 View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

 Learn about my special Canvas Minis HERE

 Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

 View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

 View my available BOOKS Here

======================================


 Check out my Available Video....

"New Approaches to Mixed Media Materials,"

If you want to see what all the hoopla is about, click this link:

www.craftsy.com/ext/CarolNelson_10658_D




No comments: