Mixed Media Abstract Art Painting "Don't Think Twice" by Colorado Mixed Media Abstract Artist Carol Nelson

Mixed media abstract painting, "Don't Think Twice", by Carol Nelson

For some reason, I always like to see printed letters or numbers in an abstract composition. You can make them out here, but I took care to concentrate on their shapes as a design element. They are partially obscured, but instantly recognizable.

There are a couple other bits of collage paper. Can you spot the marbleized paper that I made with the shaving cream technique?

This painting also has a lot of texture material added to it. It is painted on 140lb watercolor paper, then mounted on a 9x12 inch wood panel. I really like this method of presentation because it allows a small boarder to be around the painting. Here my paper was also 9x12, but I trimmed off 1/2 inch on two sides, so there would be that tiny black edge (I painted the wood panel black) showing.

12"x9"x1.0" Mixed Media on Panel/sold

Commissions welcome.


======================================

Follow me on facebook
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Instagram

Study with me Virtually?
Check out my video "New Approaches to Mixed Media Materials," HERE







No comments: