"POTPOURRI," 11016 mixed media collage © Carol Nelson Fine Art

"POTPOURRI 1"



POTPOURRI detail


This painting is a collection of found objects, art papers, leather, aluminum, brads, nails, and acrylic paints.  These collages are a lot of fun to make and are one of the most popular things I teach artists about in my workshops.

I always encourage artists to use a limited palette because with so many different texture materials, having all the colors closely coordinated has a unifying effect on the final piece.

For more information about this 24x7 inch painting, please click here to go to my website.

4 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

love this! the collection of things you used to add interest and texture is wonderful. Appreciate your tip about using a limited palette with highly textured pieces.

Berit said...

Great work. I love it:)
Berit.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I am gonna have to meet you in person, Carol - your work has such PERSONALITY! So very cool! I love the texture and the close colors - and the shape - OK, I love everything about this one!

Anonymous said...

Just sumptuous, Carol! I really love this piece.