"PASSIONATE," 11021, daily painter vibrant floral © Carol Nelson Fine Art

"PASSIONATE"
This painting is an experiment.  It's painted on yupo paper that was texturized with spider webbing  - the kind you string around your house on Halloween.  I used acrylic paints, but the effect is better using Robert Doak watercolor concentrates.

Using acrylics alters the process somewhat because when they dry, they tend to trap the webbing, making it hard to remove.  The photo does not show the intricate color flows very well.

For purchase information on this 13x10 painting, click here to go to my website.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol...how very cool. I so admire your sense of adventure in your artistic endeavors...your passion just oozes out of you work.love it.

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

I agree with Julie, this is another great texturing idea and I love the delicate lacy effects it leaves behind, beautiful

Susan Roux said...

Hi Carol. It's a cool effect. I was enjoying the color changes when I zoomed in. Very striking.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful painting! I chose it as my favorite on my blog, rosaspicks.wordpress.com. I hope you'll come by and check it out! Thanks, Rosa

Barb said...

I like the effect of the spider webbing texturing you did in the first painting. Very nice!