
Day 34Angela has this stunning silver hair that I couldn't resist making blue. The last person I painted with blue hair was a brunette (Regula, 21/100) and she loved the blue. A blue rinse would do the trick for Angela. LOL Angela is a fine artist herself - see her blog at angelaelledge.blogspot.com.
For purchase information, please see my website, or email carolnelsonfineart@comcast.net
Today I had to go to Home Depot to get more MDF board for making these 6x6 panels. I have HD cut a 24x48 board into 6 inch strips. These I can cut into 6x6 panels using my radial arm saw. Then I sand them and gesso them. I've got 26 more ready to go. That should take me about to the half way mark.
The blue works for Angela! A lovely picture to start with and you did it justice.
ReplyDeleteLove the blue rinse and I recognized Angela instantly. Beautiful work, as always, Carol.
ReplyDeleteGreat work Carol - it's been so fun following your portrait series. Angela is a dear friend and you have truly captured her beauty!
ReplyDeleteI'm loving the blue hair as well Carol! I'm still in Avatar world in my mind...this works! I am so in awe that you are still going so strong! Your DEDICATION is inspiring; not to mention your results!
ReplyDeleteI recognized that beauty from the thumbnail immediately Carol! Pretty, pretty pretty.
ReplyDeleteWonderful! Angela is so pretty...I know she was a joy to paint and you did a spectacular job. Love the blue hair!
ReplyDeleteI recognized this as beautiful Angela right away...great job!
ReplyDeleteI am just enjoying this so much. You inspire me so much!
ReplyDeleteI love this one - the blue makes it. It gives it such a peaceful feel that matches her expression. Nice job
ReplyDeleteInstant recognition of Angela's beautiful face! Well done, I know Angela will be more than pleased. It's a fun adventure following your 100 portraits...thanks for taking us along for the ride!!!
ReplyDeleteHello Carol,
ReplyDeleteI teach at a private school in the inner city and my students would so totally think I was cool if I walked in one day with blue hair. I love my portrait and I love my blue hair; your series is amazing and I'm so happy you included me in it!
Love the hair...
ReplyDeleteIt has brought out the Dusty Springfield in her!
Regards,
Jerome
http://jeromeblanes.blogspot.com/
Another fantastic portrait! It is so much fun checking your blog for new posting every day...the colors like I've never seen before, absolutely amazing.
ReplyDelete