

Day 51
This lovely lady is Kay. I probably wouldn't have picked her photo to paint because it is a flash photo looking directly into the camera. By now, you know I hate that kind of photo for a painting. Kay is a collector who has purchased more than one of my paintings, so that gives her special status. I emphasised the brushwork in this piece to give it added interest.
For purchase information, please see my website, or email me at carolnelsonfineart@comcast.net
DON'T FOR GET TO VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE OF PORTRAITS 41-50. Voting ends Sunday night and right now two are tied for the lead.
Kay is sure beautiful! You've handled her hair and her eyes with perfection, Carol!
ReplyDeleteI can tell you had fun with the brush work - turned out great!
ReplyDeleteYou handled this flash photo really well Carol...The highlights and strokes came out making one think it wasn't a flash photo!!
ReplyDeleteCarol, this painting is great because of your brushwork . . it makes the painting lively and the lady is pretty.
ReplyDeleteNora
I just love your Portrait challenge you have given your self and have been so generous in sharing with all of us.
ReplyDeleteCheck out the award I left for you on my blog!
Carol!
ReplyDeleteKay has lovely blue eyes, no?
-Dean
Another terrific portrait! Love the treatment of the hair and the highlights on her face.
ReplyDeleteWonderful job, Carol - love the brushwork!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun piece.
ReplyDeleteSo free with your brush strokes.
Love it.