100 OIL PORTRAITS IN 100 DAYS - Karin, 46/100, © Carol Nelson Fine Art



Day 46

You might say this whole project of painting 100 portraits in 100 days started because of this lady. This is Karin Jurick, an incredible artist whose work I accidentally discovered on the internet a couple years ago. The first time I came across her website, I was transfixed for about two hours. She can paint anything, but her figurative work especially blows me away. If you haven't visited her site, grab a cup of coffee, get comfortable, and be prepared to feast your eyes.

One of her many projects is her blog, Different Strokes from Different Folks, for which she posts a photo and invites any artist to paint it. Then she posts the paintings on this blog. The last project of the DSFDF blog was for artist participants to paint each other - thus started the portrait binge I've been on.

For purchase information, please see my website, or email me at carolnelsonfineart@comcast.net

10 comments:

  1. Every morning I start my day by looking at your blog and the news masterpiece. How fun to see Karin looking back at me!
    I took part in Jill's 'Thank you'-project and painted Karin's portrait (as did 117 other artists). It's just great to see the different renditions everyone came up with.
    AND: you're almost at the halftime mark now! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...traigo
    sangre
    de
    la
    tarde
    herida
    en
    la
    mano
    y
    una
    vela
    de
    mi
    corazón
    para
    invitarte
    y
    darte
    este
    alma
    que
    viene
    para
    compartir
    contigo
    tu
    bello
    blog
    con
    un
    ramillete
    de
    oro
    y
    claveles
    dentro...


    desde mis
    HORAS ROTAS
    Y AULA DE PAZ


    TE SIGO TU BLOG




    CON saludos de la luna al
    reflejarse en el mar de la
    poesía...


    AFECTUOSAMENTE:
    CAROL


    ESPERO SEAN DE VUESTRO AGRADO EL POST POETIZADO DE CABALLO, LA CONQUISTA DE AMERICA CRISOL Y EL DE CREPUSCULO.

    José
    ramón...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Story Carol! Funny how lives of artists intersect...like a family of sorts! Great portrait of Karin...still lovin those strokes! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Translation of Jose's comment (from Google translation):
    ... bring
    blood
    of
    the
    late
    wound
    in
    the
    hand
    and
    one
    Sailing
    of
    my
    heart
    to
    invite
    and
    give
    this
    soul
    than
    comes
    to
    share
    you
    your
    beautiful
    blog
    with
    a
    bouquet
    of
    gold
    and
    Carnations
    inside ...


    from my
    BROKEN HOURS
    PEACE AND CLASSROOM


    TE SIGO TU BLOG




    With greetings from the moon
    reflected in the sea of
    poetry ...


    Affectionately
    CAROL


    Expected to be to your liking Poetize POST OF THE HORSE, THE CONQUEST OF AMERICA AND THE CRUCIBLE OF TWILIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could pick out a few of the Spanish words in Jose's comment - sangre, mano, corazon, bello blog, etc
    Jose is such a poet.
    Muchas gracias, Jose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific job on Karin's portrait! Your style looks great on her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol, I went to Karin Jurick's blogs and I too love her work. I was most pleased to see the self portrait of you in her slideshow. It is WONDERFUL!
    Nora

    ReplyDelete