100 PORTRAITS IN 100 DAYS - a quick review

My portrait project commences in on 1-1-2010. YOU can participate. I am in the process of reviewing photos sent to me from all over the world for my project. The best photos from a painting stand point, will be part of the 100 portraits.

Photo requirements are:
  1. Color photo from the shoulders up
  2. Strong light source - in the sun is good. Flash photos with you looking into the
    camera are not the best. The idea is to have shadows on the face.
  3. Subject should be over 2 years old.
  4. Unusual angles, lighting, hats, etc. are good
  5. Glasses, sunglasses OK
Painting will be done in oil on a 6x6 (15.2x15.2cm) panel, unframed. Painting will be done in a bold, colorful style (see Fauvism). Each painting will be available for $75 including shipping in the US, $85 international. Payment will be made via Paypal button on my website. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PURCHASE THE PAINTING.

By sending me a photo, you are granting me permission to paint it, and post the photo and the painting on my blogs and website.

YOU WILL NOT BE IDENTIFIED, EXCEPT BY FIRST NAME. I WILL REVEAL IDENTITIES AND LINKS TO BLOGS/WEBSITES OF PERSONS WHO SO DESIRE.

Unless it is really obvious, please state your eye color.

Photos may be emailed to carolnelsonfineart@comcast.net or sent to my studio at
13904 E. Radcliff Pl, Aurora, CO, 80015, USA.

Thanks to all who have sent me photos so far. Many are EXCELLENT.

Carol

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great and awesome endeavor you are about to embark on. I am so excited for you Carol. I will have to send you one of mine. Wishing you continued success in 2010. Hugs!!!