Geologic Petroleum Abstract Painting, "Mineral Rights 2" by Mixed Media Artist Carol Nelson Fine Art


"Mineral Rights 2", 24x24 by Carol Nelson


detail







This painting represents another in my geologic abstract series.  It shows my interpretation of petroleum deposits deep within the earth.

The black/gray areas have a smooth, glass-like coating of resin, which contrasts beautifully with the other heavy rough-textured areas.

For additional pizazz, I added a few mica flakes and micaceous iron oxide paint.  You know how I love sparkle.

 24"x24"x1.5" Mixed Media on Canvas/sold

  Commissions Welcome.

  View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

  Learn about my special Canvas Minis HERE

  Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

  View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

  View my available BOOKS

======================================

 Check out my Available Video....

"New Approaches to Mixed Media Materials,"

If you want to see what all the hoopla is about, click this link:

www.craftsy.com/ext/CarolNelson_10658_D

No comments: