Mixed Media Abstract Botanical Collage, "Wooded Thicket" by Carol Nelson Fine Art

"Wooded Thicket" abstract botanical collage by Carol Nelson
detail
This painting illustrates several techniques and materials I teach in my mixed media workshops, such as rusted iron paint, air dry clay, torched origami foil, prepared tyvek, metallic pastes, and alcohol spritz.

The leaf forms are covered with metallic foil that does not show well in photography. I love creating these organic looking pieces that have an earthy palette.

This piece is on hold until April, 2016. If you want to reserve it for your collection, please email me at carolnelsonfineart@comcast.net.

 24"x6"x1.5" Mixed Media on Panel

 Click HERE for purchase info.

 View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

 Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

 View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

 View my available BOOKS Here

No comments: