Mixed Media Assemblage, "Blue Spirit" by Carol Nelson Fine Art

Blue Spirit, assemblage by Carol Nelson



This is another in my Assemblage Series featuring mini wall sculptures created with found and recycled materials. The circular blue focal point is a metal washer that was painted using alcohol ink, then covered with epoxy resin. The other blue area is embossed aluminum foil painted with Golden Fluid Acrylics.

 The wrinkled rusty looking paper is actually a WWII era waxed paper fragment used to wrap equipment parts for American troops in the field - remember, plastic had not yet been invented. It's awesome to wonder what the circumstances were surrounding this paper.

  6"x5"x2.0" Mixed Media on Panel

 Click HERE for more info on this piece.

  View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

  Learn about my special Canvas Minis HERE

  Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

  View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

  View my available BOOKS

No comments: