"Fantasia" mixed media abstract landscape © Carol Nelson Fine Art

"Fantasia"






Here's another of my muted palette mixed media pieces.  Lol - just kidding about the "muted" part.  This was a demo I did last week for some students taking semi-private instruction in my studio.

It started out as a monoprint, but in the following day or two, I kept adding stuff (acrylic drizzle skins, marbleized/stamped paper) to this painting. 

That's a joy/curse of mixed media - you never know when you're DONE!
Who knows? - I may add MORE stuff to this one (but probably not).

For more information about this 8x8 inch painting, click here to go to my website.

5 comments:

Ellen Roles said...

Carol... very creative. love the variety of textures; like those black lines.......... ellen

Johanna Cellucci said...

So striking and colorful...regards!

Buy Fine Art Paintings said...

Very fine art from your side. I loved your info. Keep shared more post like that.

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Such a great piece, and it's so true, you just never know when you will be 'done' with a piece :-)

Catharine said...

Where did you get the black wiry stuff you used in Fantasia? I was given something very similar which I was told was stuff used at florist shops, but I haven't been able to find any.

Beautiful piece.