"Gemstone 19" mixed media acrylic geologic abstract © Carol Nelson Fine Art


Gemstone 19

I never dreamed I would still be working on this series when I did the first one.  They are very popular in my "Effortless Abstracts" workshops.  This one was the demo for the workshop I did in Raleigh, at Art of the Carolinas.

That trade show/art gathering was one of the highlights of my art career to date.  Imagine a whole hotel (the Hilton Midtown) taken over by like-minded individuals - artists from around the world.
And vendors of all your favorite art supplies offering them at rock bottom prices.

I taught a 6 hour and a 3 hour workshop, and I TOOK two 3 hour workshops.  One with Bob Burridge, and one with Joe DiGiulio.

Confession:  I took their workshops, not so much to see how they do their paintings, but to see how they conduct 3 hour workshops!!  I was a SPY.  I learned a few tips too.  I know that students really like it when they have a painting they've created to take home with them.

For more information about this painting, click here to go to my website.

1 comment:

Brenda Stichter, artist said...

I very much enjoyed your workshop and am glad you posted this one today - I was hoping to get another look at the purples in the border! I am so glad to have met you, and am glad you were there at AOC!