"Edge of Red" 13042, mixed media forest landscape © Carol Nelson Fine Art





It took me a while to do this latest one in my tree series.  The two canvases measure 24x20 inches, and 24x36 inches.

Various kinds of art paper were used, including corrugated paper, lace paper, watercolor paper, and Egyptian papyrus.  The sides are painted red - I like red.

The underpainting was red, with a layer of gold gesso over it.  This gives the painting a warm glow and soft sheen in places.  The most fun part to do, for me, was the freehand branches which were  mostly negatively painted.

For more information, click here to go to my website.

3 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Such a great series and this one is a beautiful, vibrant addition!

wallartidea said...

What fabulous wall art.Great paintings.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

always love your work!