"Autumn Daze" impasto autumn landscape © Carol Nelson Fine Art

Autumn Daze

detail





I started out with drip trees.  After painting the background colors, take a fully loaded brush and press it against the edge of the vertically held canvas, letting the paint run down.

I used two colors of drip trees as you can see.

To achieve the impasto look, I mixed my Golden fluid acrylics with modeling compound to make colorful mixtures of medium.  The modeling compound makes the paint color slightly lighter because it is a white opaque medium.

I know it's early summer, but I'm already thinking about my September workshop at DILLMAN'S RESORT, in northern Wisconsin (click here to read about this workshop).  The midwest has color equal to New England in the fall.

For more information, click here to go to my website.

No comments: