Flower Tribune, 12045 textured poppy acrylic contemporary painting © Carol Nelson Fine Art

Floral Tribune

The poppies here in Colorado are about a foot high.  It will still be 3-4 weeks before we see blooms.  I can't wait for the annual display.

This painting is a fix of one I did a couple years ago.  It always had good composition, but I felt I had to pump up the colors.

That meant I had to paint the poppies WHITE before I could paint them orange tones.  You'll never be able achieve bright luminous color in acrylic, especially with the transparent fluid acrylics I use, if you start with a dark background.

For more information, please click here to go to my website.



2 comments:

Jean Baardsen said...

I love the poppies! Thanks for sharing the trick of painting them white first. That never would have occurred to me.

jyoti kumar said...

Absolutely fresh and real life- like... Red and Blue are going so well here.