"EARTH ELEMENTS" 11083, textured geologic contemporary abstract © Carol Nelson Fine Art

Earth Elements



It's very satisfying to address a painting that just wasn't quite up to par, rework it, and improve it.  I first painted this work in 2007.  It has languished in my storage area for years.

I stumbled across it the other day while I was looking for a different painting.  I always thought the composition was good on this one, but it used to have white, gray and black in the lower section.

I reworked mostly the color palette for the painting.  I brought in tones of red oxide, burnt umber, and dioxazine purple, black and white.  The result is an analogous color scheme that easily blends with a number of decor palettes.

For more information about this painting, click here to go to my website.

3 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

It came out beautifully, Carol.

jyothisethu said...

turned out to be fantastic...

Cheri Wollenberg said...

Ummm....Great design, color, texture. I love it.