"COPPER ILLUSION 2" 11086, mixed media geologic contemporary metal abstract, © Carol Nelson Fine Art

Copper Illusion 2, horizontal
Copper Illusion 2, vertical


detail

This painting is going back to my geologic abstract series. What looks like copper plates is actually moulded aluminum foil painted with metallic paint to look like weathered copper.

I secured the foil to the surface with YES glue, but then added copper nails to enhance to illusion of metal being nailed to the panel.

This was a fun piece to work on.  For more information, click here to go to my website.


5 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

What an amazing piece. The design is excellent, so versatile. And you know I love those textured elements, the trace of blue/green really adds to the overall look. But you know all that, I just learn by observing :-)

Kelly Jeanette Swift said...

Lovely painting! I love using copper myself. I think it's because I'm a redhead. That blue just comes out at you. Wow!

Barb said...

As usual it is very beautiful. Happy New Year!

Sunny Avocado Art said...

Love your work Carol! I have done some similar things in the past...but my larger formats would be too heavy to ship...I am going to try what you have done with a lighter element like the foil, thank you. Yours are sooooooo nice. Love them all!

Diana Marshall said...

Love the elongated format another stunning piece to wonder at!