"ROCKGLOW" 11047 daily painter mixed media geologic abstract © Carol Nelson Fine Art

"ROCKGLOW"




There are a lot of layers on this painting because I just couldn't get it right.  You may ask how did I know it wasn't right since there was no reference photo?  There WAS a reference photo.

 This lovely rock photo was sent to me from India by fellow artist and blogger, Israth.  I did some compositional changes, and changed the color, but you might recognize some of the rock forms.

I don't think my version is better, just different.  I might have to have another try at this one.  For more information, please click here to go to my website.

5 comments:

jyothisethu said...

this is very beautiful...
the glow on the top edges of the rock cluster is nice...
congrats...

Vickie Warner said...

This fab Carol, I have so enjoyed watchng your work...you never fail to amaze me. I love the depth of this and the colors are just wonderful. Thank you once again for sharing so much. hugs Vickie

Pragya Tiwari said...

Gorgeous ! I love it !!! I really wish you took workshops in CA.

Pragya Tiwari said...

I can almost feel the rocks..it reminds me of Sedona!

WanderingMist said...

Such a gorgeous outcome. Im more than overjoyed with this. I will send you some more photos when I come across the lovely rocks of my city.

Im so stunned by your painting. Its dramatic and most unexpected. Thank you.