"CROSSROADS" 11045, daily painter mixed media abstract © Carol Nelson Fine Art

"CROSSROADS"
detail
I love the subtle color changes in this painting.  Each section of this grid design started out a different color, but analogous to the other colors.  Working my way around the color wheel, it goes from shades of violet to shades of orange.

It just occurred to me that I did those changes without ever using a true red, e.g. cadmium red.  My new fav color combo is Pyrrole Orange mixed with Alizarin Crimson Hue - what a deep rich color you get!  These are Golden fluid acrylics that I'm using.

There's some tyvek sneaking across the painting, but I painted it same as the background, so it only adds a textural element.

This large 36x36 painting will be at the Summer Art Market in Denver this weekend.  For more information, please click here to go to my website.

1 comment:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

It has a wonderful earthy tranquility to it, or at least that's how it makes me feel looking at it in full screen.
Love your collaged one from the previous post as well, those added strips really put an edge to the finished look.