SEDONA, 11036, daily painter mixed media landscape © Carol Nelson Fine Art

"SEDONA"

This is a demo piece I did in the Granbury, Texas, workshop last week.  It has embedded tyvek, glazed foil, and heavy texture.  I haven't painted the backing board that it will be mounted on yet, but will get a picture of that in the next few days.

I have a big show coming up in two weeks, so have to really get busy painting for that.  If you're in Denver June 11 and 12, be sure to stop by the Summer Art Market at the  Art Students League of Denver, 2nd and Grant.

2 comments:

Alicia Tormey said...

I am so curious about the use of Tyvek as an art material. Second time this week I heard it mentioned and I was unaware of its use as an art material until now. I love your demo painting in this Blog post and the rich and interesting textures you've created. Lovely work!

Carol Blackburn said...

This is lovely, Carol. I can see Sedona and those red rocks. Good luck with the show. :)