"LINES AND CIRCLES 2" 11023, daily painter geometric mixed media abstract © Carol Nelson Fine Art

"LINES & CIRCLES 2"
This is a demo piece I started at my Metals and Mixed Media workshop last weekend.  I didn't get it finished during the workshop because I was so busy helping artists in the class.

This 6x6 abstract has four different kinds of art paper, textured areas, metallic paints and three dimensional stickers.
One person used dimensional stickers in her composition and we noticed some of them were lifting after the epoxy was poured on.  I think I have a solution to that problem.  I'm going to cover the whole surface with a layer of gloss medium before pouring the epoxy.  Hopefully, that will be just enough to keep the stickers STUCK!

The black lines were "drawn" with TULIP dimensional fabric paint. For more information, please click here to go to my website.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

500 followers! Thank you. I am honored.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

2 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Good golly woman you have been busy and having fun with all your experiments. Can't wait to try out some of the things you've mentioned in the last two posts. Love the results, beautiful. You have over 500 avid admirers, how cool is that!

Martha Kisling said...

I love the idea of using the stickers!