"HENPECKED" 11031 daily painter original oil rooster painting &coopy; Carol Nelson Fine Art

"HENPECKED"  

This guy looks p.o.'ed.  A friend suggested that perhaps he was henpecked.  Ta-da!  Instant title.  I think it's important to think of titles for paintings.  Artists in my abstract classes often have trouble naming their paintings, but I insist that they come up with SOMETHING.

I painted this rooster while I was sitting at an art show that wasn't going well.  Traffic was so slow, it was like watching paint dry.  This was my attempt to make lemonade from lemons.

For more info on this angry bird ( I've been playing that game too much on my phone), please click here to go to my website.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol....what a fantastic piece today! So much expression and emotion. Just wonderful and love the reds!

Pam Holnback said...

Love the strong reds!

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

This is such a fun piece along with the title. He's got attitude. Talk about a productive way to pass the time.

Karen Bruson said...

He looks as though he rules the roost, to me. Great job!