There is aluminum and gold metal foils, and metallic acrylic paints which impart a warm glow to the painting. Those little bits of turquoise and green complimentary colors add pizazz I think.
Day one - I added the foils and rice paper
which has a lot of straw-like fragments in it.
Day Two - adding some underpainting.
Day 3 - adding some darks. Searching for a pleasing color scheme.
Day 4 - This was starting to look complete, but I didn't like it. It actually looks better in this photo than it was.
This is the point I seem to get to in all my abstract work where the painting looks terrible to me and I just have to keep working on it.
I don't usually have to do something as drastic as I did on this one with the red glaze.
For purchase information, click here to go to my website.