"COLORS OF MUSIC - RED," 10148, daily painter abstract collage © Carol Nelson Fine Art

"COLORS OF MUSIC - RED"
This abstract collage was a piece I did for my Creating with Acrylics class.  I was showing them how to put together several collage elements in an abstract design using a limited palette. I used acrylic modeling paste, prepared tyvek, sheet music, micaceous iron oxide, red aluminum foil, nails, brads, and various acrylic paints on this piece.

This one happened to have a piece sheet music in the collage - voila! - a new series is born.  More "COLORS OF MUSIC" to come.


This painting is mounted on a textured support and (will be) covered with epoxy resin.  I have photographed it BEFORE the epoxy has been applied.

For purchase information, please click here to go to my website.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol, you are so talented~! Can't wait to see more of this series.

L.Holm said...

Great work. Love the texture.

Dusty Pines said...

whata beaut - the colors & forms work so well together! perfect balance! thank you - your abstracts are such an inspiration to me to keep trying!

jyothisethu said...

carol,
this is beautiful...
collage is always a thing of interest...
when it is well-done, it is fantastic...