"CLEAR CREEK," 10132, daily painter original landscape © Carol Nelson Fine Art


Since everyone is complaining about the hot weather, I thought I'd do this little winter scene to cool things down. Clear Creek is an actual river in Colorado that comes roaring down the mountain and runs through Golden, CO, the home of Coors Beer.

This painting is on a 6x6 panel. I used a palette knife to glob on lots of Titanium white for those snow banks. For purchase information, please click here to go to my website.

7 comments:

Marie Flynn said...

Carol,this one is really nice.I can appreciate the loveliness of the scene,living in a mountainous region myself. Beautiful.

Nancy Goldman said...

You've really achieved a sense of cold in this painting. I think painting it with the palette knife was a wonderful choice. That snow looks so real and the water looks frigid. It's a beautiful painting.

Autumn Leaves said...

So crisp and refreshing! I love winter scenes!

Unknown said...

love this. love all your paintings!

hmuxo said...

This painting is so beautiful. Wishing I was there right now. You have a very interesting blog and I'm looking forward to seeing your next painting.

Amber L. Bailey said...

Beautiful color scheme and paint application!

Dean Grey said...

Very cool, Carol!

Hahahahaha, get it?

-Dean