"ART SHOW DOG 3," 10116, daily painter original © Carol Nelson Fine Art




Look at this beautiful husky - or is he a malamute? I always get those two mixed up. Maybe one of you out there could tell me. The markings on the face are so striking, and I love the way the ears are white on the front side and black on the back side.
This guy is powerful, but when his owner told him to sit, he immediately sat down and gave me a "look-how-sweet-I-am" pose. Maybe he's used to having his picture taken.
To purchase this 7x5 original oil, please click here to go to my website.

7 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Gosh, Carol. He sure is beautiful and appears to be a bit of a ham as well! LOL As to Husky or Malamute, it is hard to tell by the painting. They look similar, though the Malamute is at least twice the size of a Husky, I think. I've had both and my mom currently has a Husky. When you say "powerful" though, it gives a clue that it may well be a Malamute. Not to mention that my mom's Husky doesn't listen for beeswax.

creatively dreaming said...

really lovely painting with so much expression to it. Thank you for showing it.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

WOW Carol. You do dogs well...do I see another book in your future?? :)

Carol Nelson said...

AutumnLeaves - He looked big to me, but then, I'm used to shih tzus. LOL

Dana Cooper said...

This breed is perfect...at least the painting is..what a cutie!

kim blair said...

Carol, I am Loving you pet/dog series!
#3 is quite the cutie...
Kim

Amber L. Bailey said...

Nice! My boyfriend has a Husky and I painted him as a Christmas gift. I like yours better! :D