Pond Series 15, 1074, aspen leaf acrylic collage © Carol Nelson Fine Art





This painting is a layering of painted paper aspen leaves on a free flowing acrylic background with metal leaf accents on canvas. Whew - got all that? Then I poured epoxy over the whole thing, curling the leaves a little so they are not lying flat on the canvas. The epoxy makes a thick crystal clear coating over the entire surface. I swear, anything you put the epoxy coating on looks really cool. I especially like to finish collage works that have lots of little pieces with epoxy because it seals all those loose edges.
I have done a number of paintings in the Pond Series, but this is the first one utilizing epoxy as a finishing technique. For purchase information, please see my website.

11 comments:

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Oooohhh love these aspen leaves! Is that epoxy I see?? Great piece miss Carol!

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Very cool.

Autumn Leaves said...

This is absolutely stunning, Carol. Did I say yesterday's was my favorite piece? No longer. This reminds me of photos I've taken of stream beds; truly gorgeous.

Unknown said...

WOW, these flowers and leaves are beautiful,
Ur work reminds me of my art teacher, i used to improve only by looking at her paint or draw.Such beauty and depth in your work.
Marvelous..

I have added your blog in my list, i have the link to your blog on my page.
Will keep visiting your blog for new work.
Take Care

Unknown said...

Wow! The colors are so rich on this piece and the epoxy brings out all the wonderful detail! I really love this!!

Kerri Settle said...

I love the look of epoxy and it's such a great idea for collages. I hope you'll do more like this in your pond series!

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

Beautiful!!!!
I love this series of Aspen.
Hows Morris?

Harry Kent said...

the way you use the metalic leaf is pure magic, Carol ... love it

LindaHunt said...

I really like this piece and I can see the epoxy and how thick and glossy the surface is...very neat!

Dean Grey said...

Very cool looking, Carol!

-Dean

Anonymous said...

I love this! It's so exciting!!!