100 OIL PORTRAITS IN 100 DAYS - Vern, 83/100, © Carol Nelson Fine Art



Day 84

Vern Schwarz is a fine artist I met on the Different Strokes from Different Folks blog. He looks so serious in this photo I was tempted to put a flower behind his ear or something. To visit Vern's blog, click here.
For purchase information, please see my website.

=============================================

Voting was very tight this time, but we have a winner by one vote: SAUNDRA, 75/100. Saundra is normally an exuberant person, and this ought to send her over the top! LOL

8 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Now I know what Vern Schwarz looks like! Well done, Carol. Yay for Saundra!!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

WOW, YOU ARE RIGHT about going over the top...I JUST DID THE HAPPY DANCE!! WOOO HOOO! Thanks all...!

Vern Schwarz said...

And this is my lighter side Carol...art can be such a serious business...ha! A flower may have improved that weighty look, but I think you did a wonderful job with the little you had to work with. This whole project of yours has been fabulous, and fun to witness as it unfolds. Thanks so much for including me.

liz wiltzen said...

Hey Carol, I met Vern at a workshop about a year ago (what a great guy!), and you really did capture his likeness in this portrait. Great job!

Kerri Settle said...

It's great to see a picture of Vern!I love your rendering, which is a treat to see up close on the larger version. All the subtle colors come together just right.

Connie Chadwell said...

This is great, Carol - I love the portraits and always look forward to seeing the latest!

jill polsby said...

Carol: This might be your best yet! All that daily practice is obviously paying off. Great likeness of Vern. Congrats!

Pattie Wall said...

It's my friend VERN! Nicely done, Carol!