100 OIL PORTRAITS IN 100 DAYS - Jill, 85/100, © Carol Nelson Fine Art


Day 85

This is artist Jill Polsby. I should have included the whole photo Jill sent me. She was plein air painting in Utah when this photo was taken and there is a lovely scene in the background.

I told Jill she was wearing the hat from hell (from my perspective). If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you'll see all this texture in the fine weave of the hat. I tried different things to try to replicate that texture but failed miserably.
For purchase information, please see my website.

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Well done, as always, Carol.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Still love it...the glasses...what an interesting color!! I know what you mean...I tried doing some shoe strings close up that have a similar type of dark/light pattern...HARD even in pencil...well when you are lazy or in a hurry hard for pencil! lol

jill polsby said...

Whoopee! I'm a "selected" person. Thank you Carol for such a wonderful job on the "hat from hell". Can't believe you wanted to paint that hat!

jill polsby said...

Wow! I can't believe you chose me to paint. I'm in the company of Vern!! Wonderful version of the "hat from hell". Fabulous work and such a fabulous challenge you've set yourself. Thanks!! Jill.