100 OIL PORTRAITS IN 100 DAYS - Michelle, 61/100, © Carol Nelson Fine Art


Day 61
This is Saundra Lane Galloway's daughter Michelle. I love the photo, but the shadows from her hair gave me fits. First I had them in there just like the photo, but they looked like a weird tatoo, so I smudged them a bit. I also added some more highlighted hair curls so you can't miss them. I'm still not sure if I succeeded with these shadows.
This painting is sold.

Don't forget to vote before Wednesday at 10pm.

6 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Gosh, this explains why she looks so familiar to me! LOL Michelle is beautiful. You've captured those fine caramel highlights in her hair beautifully, Carol. She has simply the most perfect nose, painted, photo'd, and otherwise! Beautiful work, shadows and all!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

I LOVE IT!! It doesn't seem at all like you labored over shadows...but again, that is the quality of your work!! Can't wait to have it!! Beautiful!!

Lokelani Forrest said...

As always Carol, great job. #61 and you're still putting out great stuff, which is why I've nominated you for the bloggers Sunshine Award. You certainly deserve it. You just need to go to my blog and get your award.

LindaHunt said...

Just spectacular portrait! I have observed your progress and have so much enjoyed the progression.

Vern Schwarz said...

Carol, congratulations on NOT tattooing her face...ha! This and all the rest of your portrait paintings are fabulous. I haven't been commenting lately, but I really am enjoying this ambitious project of yours.

Dean Grey said...

Carol!

I love the purple accent on the rim of her hoodie.

Not a whole lot intense colors in this one but rather hints of it instead.

I like that!

-Dean