100 OIL PORTRAITS IN 100 DAYS - Stape, 52/100, © Carol Nelson Fine Art


Day 52

This is Stapleton Kearns, professional landscape painter living in New England. I first became aware of Stape's writing through his postings in Fine Art Views, a free art newsletter published by Clint Watson.
Stape's blog is a learning experience with wonderful examples of composition fundamentals and a wealth of artful tips. You should definitely bookmark his blog.
I had such fun painting this portrait of Stape taken by one of his students at one of his snow camp workshops. There's so many fun things in the photo - the two hats, the glasses, the condensation on his mustache, and fabulous lighting.
For purchase information, please see my website or email me at carolnelsonfineart@comcast.net.


Don't forget, VOTING on portraits 41-50 ends tonight. Pick your favorite and email me your choice. THANKS!

7 comments:

Kerri Settle said...

The portrait is great, and thank you for linking his blog; I've already subscribed and look forward to learning some things from him!

Autumn Leaves said...

Well done, Carol! I love the purple shadowed side of the face especially!

Dewberry Fine Art said...

What a wonderful espressive face. You captured him.

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

Hey you hit a home run with this one it is full of personality and color.
Great piece!

Unknown said...

Love this one Carol and I adore the way you painted Kay. I've been thinking of you and hubby. Know I am still sending positive vibes your way.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

The orange with purple is wonderful. You are right...the pic is great, but you did great things with this one...!

Dean Grey said...

Carol!

There are so many wonderful shapes in Stapleton's portrait: the hat, glasses, mustache.

Just great!

-Dean