100 OIL PORTRAITS IN 100 DAYS - Randi, 56/100, © Carol Nelson Fine Art



Day 56

This is Randi. Just when I thought I had encountered every possible situation in a portrait, along comes Randi with braces. I've never painted anyone with braces before, so this was a first. In addition to the braces, she is wearing these almost invisible glasses. You can barely see the glass, but you see the shadow it casts on her cheek.
For purchase information, please see my website, or email me at carolnelsonfineart@comcast.net.

Thanks again for all your good wishes about the patients. Morris was finally successful in the bathroom - if you've ever had surgery, you KNOW what I mean. He would die if he knew I discussed this on my blog - LOL. Both the boys are walking around - not a brisk walk by any means, but walking none the less.

10 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

You have handled both those glasses and the braces beautifully Carol. I can almost see what Randi will look like when she is a young adult through your painting. Nothing I can pick out; just a certain je ne sais quoix. Lovely!

SarahBowie said...

Oh yes I know what you mean - bathroom independence, yay!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

YEA for the boys!! I know with each day it feels a little better!!
I LOVE the way you handled the braces! I blew it up to really see...that really helps for any of those out there who haven't done that yet!!

Marian Fortunati said...

Carol,
Your portraits are so wonderful. I really admire you for doing this and certainly wish I had your abilities!!

I think the bold lines and contrasts and colors just make these all stand out beautifully!

dacoop said...

Carol, like all your other portraits you handled the challenge in front of you with great success. I love the braces!
Glad the patients are doing better each day...!

Kay Crain said...

Great job on the portrait, and glad the patients are doing well too!!!!

Dusty Pines said...

great news - and a lovely,lovely portrait!

Mitzi Easley said...

Wow! First, Carol - is there anything you *can't* paint??? Very well done. Braces. Wow.
Lastly, congrats on your boys recovery. When do you paint?
My hat is off to you... admirable in many ways. Be sure to take care of yourself! And thanks for sharing.

Sue Donaldson said...

Randi is wonderful. As her grandmother, she is as sweet as her portrait. Thank you, Carol, another fabulous job.
Blessings to you, your husband and his son.

Dean Grey said...

Carol!

LOL at all of your "challenges" you had to deal with in this portrait. I'm so glad I don't have braces anymore!

Hooray for Morris too!!

-Dean