100 OIL PORTRAITS IN 100 DAYS - Karin, 46/100, © Carol Nelson Fine Art



Day 46

You might say this whole project of painting 100 portraits in 100 days started because of this lady. This is Karin Jurick, an incredible artist whose work I accidentally discovered on the internet a couple years ago. The first time I came across her website, I was transfixed for about two hours. She can paint anything, but her figurative work especially blows me away. If you haven't visited her site, grab a cup of coffee, get comfortable, and be prepared to feast your eyes.

One of her many projects is her blog, Different Strokes from Different Folks, for which she posts a photo and invites any artist to paint it. Then she posts the paintings on this blog. The last project of the DSFDF blog was for artist participants to paint each other - thus started the portrait binge I've been on.

For purchase information, please see my website, or email me at carolnelsonfineart@comcast.net

10 comments:

Regula Scheifele said...

Every morning I start my day by looking at your blog and the news masterpiece. How fun to see Karin looking back at me!
I took part in Jill's 'Thank you'-project and painted Karin's portrait (as did 117 other artists). It's just great to see the different renditions everyone came up with.
AND: you're almost at the halftime mark now! Bravo!

Autumn Leaves said...

Beautiful portrait of Karin, Carol!

Jose Ramon Santana Vazquez said...

...traigo
sangre
de
la
tarde
herida
en
la
mano
y
una
vela
de
mi
corazón
para
invitarte
y
darte
este
alma
que
viene
para
compartir
contigo
tu
bello
blog
con
un
ramillete
de
oro
y
claveles
dentro...


desde mis
HORAS ROTAS
Y AULA DE PAZ


TE SIGO TU BLOG




CON saludos de la luna al
reflejarse en el mar de la
poesía...


AFECTUOSAMENTE:
CAROL


ESPERO SEAN DE VUESTRO AGRADO EL POST POETIZADO DE CABALLO, LA CONQUISTA DE AMERICA CRISOL Y EL DE CREPUSCULO.

José
ramón...

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Great Story Carol! Funny how lives of artists intersect...like a family of sorts! Great portrait of Karin...still lovin those strokes! lol!

Carol Nelson said...

Translation of Jose's comment (from Google translation):
... bring
blood
of
the
late
wound
in
the
hand
and
one
Sailing
of
my
heart
to
invite
and
give
this
soul
than
comes
to
share
you
your
beautiful
blog
with
a
bouquet
of
gold
and
Carnations
inside ...


from my
BROKEN HOURS
PEACE AND CLASSROOM


TE SIGO TU BLOG




With greetings from the moon
reflected in the sea of
poetry ...


Affectionately
CAROL


Expected to be to your liking Poetize POST OF THE HORSE, THE CONQUEST OF AMERICA AND THE CRUCIBLE OF TWILIGHT.

Carol Nelson said...

I could pick out a few of the Spanish words in Jose's comment - sangre, mano, corazon, bello blog, etc
Jose is such a poet.
Muchas gracias, Jose.

Gwen Bell said...

Terrific job on Karin's portrait! Your style looks great on her.

NORA KASTEN said...

Carol, I went to Karin Jurick's blogs and I too love her work. I was most pleased to see the self portrait of you in her slideshow. It is WONDERFUL!
Nora

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

Superb!!!

Earthula said...

Splendid!