100 OIL PORTRAITS IN 100 DAYS - Ellie, 48/100, © Carol Nelson Fine Art



Day 48

I love this photo of Ellie - her Mom said she was watching a road race that a friend was in. The way the sun lights up her eye on the sunny side is very unique, and the curly red hair just tops it off. This portrait pleases me greatly because I was able to incorporate so many cool colors in it.
For purchase information, please see my website, or email me at carolnelsonfineart@comcast.net.



Creative Blogging Award
Many of you have honored me with the Creative Blogging Award that seems to be making the blogosphere rounds right now. I am thrilled that you would think of my blog and want to share this award with me. As I have responded individually to several of you, I am so swamped with work at this time - the daily portraits, a large abstract commission - that I simply do not have the time to fully participate in keeping the award going.
I am trying to do 2 portraits per day because there are days coming up soon where I know I will not be able to paint. My husband, Morris, is going to have a kidney transplant next Monday - his son Mark is donating a kidney. Much of my time next week will be spent at the hospital.
Thanks for your understanding and support.

15 comments:

Becky Brocato said...

All the best to you and your family. I hope your husband has a full and speedy recovery.
Your portraits are amazing. I am really enjoying them when I have a chance to visit your blog. And learning lots about color relationships in portraiture.

SarahBowie said...

This turned out GREAT. So now you are doing 2 a day? Whoa.

Autumn Leaves said...

Carol, this little girl is amazingly beautiful. You've also captured that look of intensity on her lovely little face. Her hair is exquisite! The blue eyes so magical. Wonderful work.

My heart and thoughts and prayers go out to your husband and to his son.

Pattie Wall said...

Ellie is lovely. I am amazed at your stamina. Hope all goes well next week, your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

Another beauty perfect portrait.
she is amazing.
A speedy and ez recovery to Morris. I have a friend who went through the same procedure, she and the donor are fine.
Crossing fingers for Morris, his son, you and the family.

Rosemary said...

Carol, I don't think I've ever been so awed and inspired by an artist as I am with you and this project! Ellie is fabulous as are all the portraits! Love that eye!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Carol, This is my favorite of this group so far, and for the very reasons you mentioned! I love the play of warm and cool, and the pic was a great one to work from! Her red hair is portrayed wonderfully...what a cutie! And, I'm a prayin for Morris...I'm sure it will all go fabulously!! I'm right here if you need ANYTHING!!

Unknown said...

I love the way you captured the light on Ellie's face.

Please don't worry about the posts/blog....concentrate of your hubby and his son. Anyone with a heart out there is going to understand. I'll be sending positive vibes to your family. (hugs)

Julia Kulish said...

Carol, This is so beautiful. You really captured her. Godd job. BTW, I will pray for Morris on Monday!

Dusty Pines said...

lovely portrait - and good luck to all of you!

Faith Te said...

Ms. Carol, love the new portraits. I have also given you the Sunshine award on my blog. Please don't worry about the awards -- I'm sure we all understand. I just wanted to let you know that I've chosen you :)

Wishing all the best for you and your family!

Ishrath said...

My prayers to your husband and his boy. Hope they both recover fast. Dont tax yourself too much at this stage. We will all wait for you to come back to normalcy and re-start your marathon again.

Carol, you take care of yourself please. Cant have you fatigued. Hugs.

Lokelani Forrest said...

I love this portrait of Ellie. I think it is my favorite so far. Wonderful job on her hair and overall, actually.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

The portraits are getting better and betther, Carol! You are amazing!

Dean Grey said...

Carol!

You did a fantastic job not only capturing Ellie's facial expression but a subtle one at that.

You managed to show the slight stress on her face perfectly!

That's not an easy thing to do!

-Dean