A word about your photos



I am thrilled with all your positive responses to my portrait project. I appreciate every photo that
is sent in and I'm grateful that you want to participate.

Let me clarify a little about lighting on the photos you are sending me. Many are flash photos looking directly into the camera. This creates a flat image that is more difficult for me to interpret in paint.

Take a good look at the above photos. They are some excellent examples of what I'm looking for in a photo in terms of lighting. If you don't have a photo with this kind of lighting, send it in anyhow, and I'll see if I can manipulate it with photo software. Sometimes I can increase the contrast and decrease the brightness to get a better image.

2 comments:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Oh what a marvelous and exciting project, Carol! Inspiring!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

I'm sure my friend that you will do everything you attempt justice! So looking forward to Thursday! YIPEE! I talked about your challenge on my blog today...sending some folks over to you I hope!!