100 PORTRAITS IN 100 DAYS - Jeff, 25/100, © Carol Nelson Fine Art



Day 25

I can't believe I an one quarter of the way through my portrait project. It seems I learn something from each portrait I complete. Jeff had the dreaded reflection in his glasses - remember the trouble I had with Edward, 9/100? This time I just painted it - didn't try to over think it and it turned out great.
For purchase information, please see my website, or email me at carolnelsonfineart@comcast.net.

I have to admit, the demands of this project are beginning to show around the house. I hardly ever cook dinner any more. My Christmas lights are still up outside. The dogs all need haircuts. My gallery in Golden, CO, wants a change out. Plants need watering. My laundry is piling up. Mail piling up.

It's the computer that really takes so much time. Lots of email to manage and keep track of. Ran out of black and some colors of ink and photo paper for my printer. Thank God for my cleaning lady. My husband is amazingly tolerant, and will help out if I make a list for him.

I'm not complaining. Just indulging myself with a tiny amount of whining. OK, feel better now.

14 comments:

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Carol, I really love this one! The lips are awesome!! And I love the color you chose to compliment him for your background! I was going to say congrats on making it 1/4 of the way! Hang in there! I'm so glad you have a tolerant hubby! Kudos to him as well!

Autumn Leaves said...

Another fabulous portrait Carol. I so enjoy visiting every day. Such a monumental task you've undertaken!! I love how you have infused Jeff's portrait with personality. He looks like an interesting fellow!

SarahBowie said...

Do your dogs really WANT haircuts? It does sound like you are tired - the little things are feeling huge. Starting out at Christmas probably made that worse. But it's been fun for us! PS I LOVE JEFF'S PORTRAIT!

Lauren Maurer said...

Looks great. I love the colors in this one. You handles the chin stubble super well, too! I can't believe how fast you are cranking these out!

Unknown said...

Fabulous! I am really enjoying this project of yours and the portraits are fantastic! I especially like the angle and lighting on this one.

Mitzi Easley said...

Oh Carol, this could be my favorite of all! Banish the house and the cooking and long-haired poochies... paint, paint, paint. You are doing such a spectacular job! Very inspiring stuff!!

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

This one is a winner.
Great portrait.
And, it is okay to vent my dear. We are all ears...
Happy painting.

fheathermoore said...

I agree with everyone else, this is a fabulous painting!

You really have taken on a huge task. I take my hat off to you! As for everything piling up, that's what hubby is for! Well at least mine is! Hah! I do very little housework because college is so demanding and I paint several paintings a day. Still, the house is not how I would like it, because...well...he's a man. Sorry to all the men out there, but they can't do it the way we women would! PS I love that you still have your Christmas lights up.

Edward Burton said...

Another great one, Carol.

Carol DeMumbrum said...

I love this one! I am enjoying looking at your portraits each day. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Regula Scheifele said...

This one is (almost) the best so far ;-) ! Great!

mizmilvi said...

Terrific! What a great choice of photo - nice work on the shadow of his glasses on the face!!

Dean Grey said...

Really nice job on this one, Carol!

The glasses turned out great and I love the windblown hair too!

-Dean

Gwen Bell said...

Love the treatment of the beard in this and the great background compliment. One of my favorites!