100 PORTRAITS IN 100 DAYS - Edgar, 4/100, © Carol Nelson Fine Art




Day 4
Fauvism was an art movement in the early 1900's made popular by Matisse and other artists of that time period. Art critics in Paris were aghast at the outrageous colors used in these paintings. Matisse's portrait of his wife, Madame Matisse, is also known as the green line.
My subject here, Edgar, said he would like a portrait done in Fauvist style, so I modeled the color scheme after Matisse's portrait of his wife.
As you can see, about the only thing that really represents Edgar are his blue eyes, yet it does look like him, green nose and all.
For purchase information, please see my website.

6 comments:

All images on this site are copyright (c) Suzanne McLean. said...

Fantastic, Carol. LOVE the green nose!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Looks just like him and I adore that green nose!! Keep it up my friend...Oh...and put in your request for Starbucks cuz I'm goin there before I come to your house Thursday...My treat!! :)

Connie Michael said...

Nice job! It's not easy being green....

Delilah said...

Great painting Carol keep up th egood work

JanettMarie said...

Wow, so nice and free.....

Autumn Leaves said...

Thanks for the mini lesson on Fauvist paintings, Carol. I think your work is fabulous and quite a bit nicer than Matisse's portrait of his wife. I suppose it is in the eye of the beholder but you blow Mrs. Matisse away!