NEST 3, 9101, textured birds nest with eggs © Carol Nelson Fine Art



Another bird nest with eggs that are speckled pinkish and brown. This painting is on a 5x7 inch gessoboard panel, which I would normally frame without glass. I had this black frame with double matting in my studio. When I slipped the painting in under the matting, it looked so good that I'm going to present it in this fashion.
If the glass is distracting, it can be removed, but on a matted painting, I like having glass to protect the mat. For purchase information, please see my website.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dang your million dollar painting looks like a trillion now! You have gallery lighting in your home? Is your home a gallery? Can I live in your home? Just kidding...I can dream can't I?

SarahBowie said...

Yes, a white mat can have almost magical effects! Looks great.

Carol Nelson said...

Sheila, you crack me up. That wall where I photograph a lot of paintings has an overhead floodlight. The wall is full of nail holes (right, Sarah? LOL) that I actually edit out with my photo software.

Diana Marshall said...

Wow what a difference a frame makes!
The painting is superb but looks really classy in that frame.