Poppy Trio, 9064, original poppy floral triptych






Here's more of these little cube frame paintings. I can think of so many things that would look good in this format. Poppies have always been a favorite of mine. I made each one a slightly different shade - orange for the middle one, then one with more yellow, and one with more red - the black frames are smashing for all of them.
I guess I'm so taken with these cube frames is because I have always liked squares and cubes - they show up a lot in my abstract work. Scroll down and look at the previous post with the little cubed abstracts. They each have several tiny metal squares.

For purchase information, please see my
website.

7 comments:

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Carol, These are so beautiful! You are right about two things...they look great in the black cubes, and you do WONDERS with poppies! Love them, Love them!!

Unknown said...

Wow wow wow Carol! I love these poppies. So vibrant and almost on fire! Where did you get your frames?

Glenda Mosher said...

Wow! These poppies just pop! Love your little square works.

Dana Cooper said...

Carol, I love the versatile aspect of both the poppies and the abstract. Your work is stellar!

Carolina said...

These are great, Carol!

S Ciaccio said...

I really like the series idea. These are great they really pop.

Dean Grey said...

More cube frames!

I love the look of them!

Like Sheila, I want to know where you're getting them from. Are you making these yourself, Carol, or buying them somewhere?

-Dean