Painted Desert, 9042, abstract desert landscape




I'm back into my warm palette. These colors look so good in my house, I just may not be able to part with this one. Lots of texture and some metallic paints on this painting. I wasn't sure whether to file this under "landscapes" or "abstracts" on my website (it's under abstracts).
The side view shows it in a frame on my orange wall - looks really good there. I have some caramel/toast colored walls too that it looks great on.
That's what I do - drag paintings all around the house to see them on different colored walls. I was shocked to see how good the blue series paintings looked on my orange walls. They're complements so DUH, should have known that.
SOLD

8 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

LOVE This!

Kerri Settle said...

The warmth of this one is just great, and the metallics give it a great depth. I don't blame you for wanting to keep it for yourself!

Unknown said...

oooo....aaaah...

I can feel the warmth emanating from this sun baked landscape.....mmmmmm

Dana Cooper said...

I'm really loving these abstracts you have been doing lately Carol! I want to see them up close and if you weren't looking, I would want to touch them!

Carol Nelson said...

Ha! Touch all you want, Dana. They're acrylic with a thick coat of Soluvar varnish for protection. Pretty much indestructible, I'm thinkin'.

Sand Hill Art said...

I'm happy to see that you are doing some more of your "geologicals". And I too have what I term my "tomato soup" wall. It's lucky that my husband likes intense colours as well.

joanieART said...

Gorgeous, I'm speechless!

Dean Grey said...

Carol, this one totally has that stain glass feel to it.

Love the warm tones!

-Dean