Home Depot for Art Supplies - Construction 1







I love creative challenges. I've been asked to do a workshop on abstract painting, specifically covering the use of metals. I have used metals in some of my works and I find a lot of my supplies in big box hardware stores.


It is fun to wander around these stores looking at building supplies and thinking outside the box. When asked if I need help, I usually say no thanks because I don't know what I'm looking for, but I'll know it when I see it.


I worked up 3 small demo pieces, each 5x7, using a variety of materials. They are all on MDF board painted black. This one features copper (sold as copper flashing), burlap, copper tacks, and quarter inch wood trim. SOLD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,

I've always said Home Depot is a great store for artists!!!!
This is great!

Nancy

Patricia Lintner said...

Hello Carol,

What gauge of copper flashing are you using from Home Depot? I really and new to working with metals and I love the way they look in art.

Thank you!

Patricia