Industrial Chic: Red 05708



This abstract is not my usual geologic theme. Having aluminum pieces on wood panel makes it seem more industrial or ultra-contemporary to me. The color palette and the wood framing give it warmth.
I did a piece called Industrial Chic (purchased by the city of Aurora, CO) a couple years ago that also featured the use of aluminum. I used metal paint on the aluminum to give a slightly distressed look - I don't want it to look like the refrigerator! It looks very bright in the photo because it happened to catch the light - not as bright in person.
The aluminum was purchased at Home Depot. I attached it to the panel by drilling holes through the metal and the wood. The metal brads fit through the hole and flare out on the back. I also used glue to secure the pieces.
For purchase information, please see my website:

No comments: