SPRING ETERNAL, 03508, acylic triptych of red tulips







Tulips are blooming in my neighborhood, so I was inspired to paint this bouquet again. I am so attracted to the red/purple combination.


This painting is on three 5x7 gallery wrap canvases, another example of using multiple canvases for one painting. If you click on the image to enlarge it, you'll see that I left white canvas showing in some areas on the edges of the flowers. Sometimes I used white paint. These little touches of white add sparkle to the painting. Every now and then, when I complete a painting, I KNOW I NAILED IT. If I never sell this painting I'll be happy to keep it.


2 comments:

Carol Marine said...

I love these flower triptych's you're doing! This one especially is really nice, as well as the previous one, poppies! They make such nice shapes and the colors are lovely!

Carol Nelson said...

Thanks, Carol. It's fun to take an ordinary subject and spread it out on multiple canvases. Adds a whole new dimension.
I think I'm going to try this one on three 24x30 canvases.